Ethernet over coax, enables full-wired ethernet services over existing in-home coaxial cable, fits over a standard wall box (3 ¾” X 2 ½” X 2 ½”), Performance: backbone up to 3.0Gbps with 1Gbps at each Ethernet port, multiple frequency band options
Continuing the tradition of innovation of the Entry Series®, PPC introduces the Ethernet Bridge Series. The Ethernet Bridge provides coaxial cable network connectivity to broadband devices and CPE, such as modems, while connecting Ethernet to Ethernet-enabled devices, such as remote set-top boxes or wireless extension units. The Ethernet Bridge turns in-home RF coaxial cable into an Ethernet network enabling full wired Ethernet speeds to the most demanding devices.
To install the Ethernet Bridge, replace the current F81 wall plate located in the room with the Ethernet Bridge wall plate. Note: The install requires an Ethernet Bridge source unit and power inserter/splitter to create an Ethernet Link.
Features and Benefits include:
• Adds Ethernet connectivity in any room
• Uses existing coaxial cable
• Enhances the home’s Wi-Fi network with wired speeds and reliability
• 2 Ethernet ports with built-in switch
• Ethernet speeds – individual unit performance @ 1Gbps/port, RF backbone @ 3Gbps
• Co-exists with cable TV services
• Passes cable network frequencies to other CPE (customer premises equipment) with minimal loss
• Powered directly/locally or via coax cable